I have to say that Dawnyele was probably my first Youtube hair mentor. She had that 4c hair texture that needed special care. But most of all I loved her down-to-earth presentation style. She was so real, like she was just a girlfriend talking to a girlfriend, I know her family misses her deeply and I continue to review her videos. Her Youtube family misses her also.
This is the recipe that she used for her weekly deep conditioning. Sometimes she would put it on and leave overnight. Someties she would just put it on for about 30 minutes and proceed with her regular routine. It is butter and oil-rich. So your hair has to love butters and oils for this to be good for you. The butters and most of the oils I purchased from http://www.camdengrey.com.
Here’s the recipe.
- Unrefined Shea Butter- 1 cup (white)
- Mango butter- 3 tbls
- Cupuacu butter- 3 tbls
- Avocado butter- 3 tbls
- Brazil Nut butter– 3 tbls
- Tucuma butter- 3 tbls
- Hemp Seed butter- 3 tbls
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil– 2 tbls
- Jojoba Oil– 2 tbls
- Hemp Seed Oil- 1 tbls
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil- 1 tbls
- Grapeseed Oil– 1 tbls
- Sweet Almond Oil– 1 tbls
- Peppermint Oil– 5-7 drops
- Ylang Ylang Oil- 5-7 drops
- Rosemary Oil– 5-7 drops
- Tea Tree Oil– 5-7 drops
- Aubrey Organics HoneySuckle Rose Conditioner/or Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque- ½ cup
- Pure Honey- 4 tbls
- Aloe Vera Juice- As much as you like…until a whipped texture
Tell me what you think. I’d love to hear!